Happy Monday! 😀 How’s the going been? The weekend’s over..mine went well, I tried to rest as much as I could..lol knowing another week was on its wayy.. Hoping you were also able to rest and enjoy yours too..
Today’s post is going to be short (not like I always have long posts..lol) so it’s ‘cos I’d just be sharing a quote I like from my favee, Maya Angelou which I would love for you to peruse on and get the wonderful message it carries… I’d share what I learnt at the end of this post.
It reads thus,
”We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty. There’s always a journey that shapes us and a process that graces us to achieve true beauty” ~ Maya Angelou
This quote just says a lot. What this quote made me realize is that every trial, tough phase or difficulty is a testing ground to the next level. In life, everyone goes through so many trying times but the most important thing is that we overcome and come out of it all with a different attitude to life, we come out stronger, better and a clearer understanding of why it happened. God knows the end of a thing from the beginning and being such a loving Father, he would not allow us His children go through phases and temptations we cannot overcome. There is just always that trying time we have to go through to really bring out the beauty and strength in us, helping you discover yourself the more.. Always see the best in every
So be strong, be positive, be happy, be thankful, keep praying and remember that there is always light at the end of the tunnel.. 😉
” And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.” ~ Romans 8:28
Have a God-led, favor-filled week ahead!
Lots of chocolate,
Listening to Hillsong United- ‘Found’
I hope you’re doing awesome. It’s Tuesday already, work has been going on smoothly too..thanks! Misplaced a document I have been working on for days today and I almost cried, thinking about how to start composing a new one just made me weak but luckily for me I had shared it with my colleague at work so she searched for it and sent to me…yayy! I am so thankful..that’s today’s gist oh!
So I got inspired to share this with you after reading an amazing write up from one of the blogs I follow which just made me reflect on recent happenings in my life that maybe I just forgot to say ‘thank you’ for or some things I just overlooked and tagged as some normal stuff that’s just supposed to happen.. I’m thankful for..
- The gift of life and Family… they’re just the best, all the love and laughter! Even after a very hard and rough day, the smiles on my mum’s face is more than a ‘welcome home baby’.. my siblings..all of them are just the funniest beings, we laugh at everything and anything..lol
- Good health…The thought of how I haven’t had to take any drugs ‘cos I was under the weather or had to take ‘paracetamol’ ‘cos I had headaches or body aches crept into my mind of recent and I can’t but be thankful..even with all the ‘waka waka’ and bus conductor wahala..lol, which I wrote about in my last post.
- Food..people who know me and my fam know this is an undisputed fact..we LOVE food,especially me..lol! We eat, have and cook every delicious meal you can think of and I am thankful to God for providing us with all we need..
- Academic success.. sometime in June, I wrote an external exam to get into university. Everyone who knows JUPEB knows how competitive it is, I refused to fear(although i was at some point)..I am so thankful ‘coos when the results were released in September, I passed beyond my imaginations!! I was number 4 on the merit list *blushes*
- Friends..I have the best friends, really! They can be so annoying most of the time but I still love them all the same ..always there to make me laugh, support me when I need them and tolerate me when I get silly and crack
dry jokes..LOL (I sha know my jokes are funny)
- Work..I have to thank God for work! It hasn’t been easy especially when you have to learn things from the scratch..lol. Today I can clap for myself and score myself when it comes to curating content, thinking fast and getting creative..The learning process has been fun, so many new experiences, new friends, new insight and understanding of life…I am thankful!
- Church..We’ve been transferred! That’s right, we got a new posting to pastor another parish and I bless God for another opportunity to do His work and fulfill His purpose. There’s much work but He is with us..
- I’m thankful for the gift of writing and blogging that has come to life in me..I am thankful for all those that followed, liked (PS: silent readers are acknowledged 😉 ) and commented, especially those whose comments kept me grinning from ear to ear; you know yourself..lol. Simply getting notifications that someone has liked or commented on my blog post is one of the things that make my day and keep me excited 😀
- My sweetest ‘orobo’ sister is in JSS1 in the same school myself and siblings went to, that’s how daddy wanted it and she’s enjoying every bit of it.. she’s even class captain and she’s marching for the inter house sport too..lol
- Music..and singing too, things that keep me bubbly all the time!
There’s so much to be thankful for and if I were to go on and on it would end up being a really long post..haha
So all said.. i agree there are bad times and good times still I try as much as I can to make gratitude my attitude ‘cos it just is one of the keys to living happily 🙂
What are you thankful for? Reflect on it. You don’t have to share with me, just pick a pen and sheet of paper and jot away…
“Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you” ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:18
Stay blessed.. xoxo
Lots of chocolate,
Photo credit: Google.com (not all the time sha)