Okay so, I’m here now sitting in my office and blogging about one post I’ve looked forward to writing about since the blog came to life! About December, Christmas, all the love, joy, laughter, food and why I just love Christmas…lol
The past weeks have been so stressful and guess what? I’m done with registration!!! Yipee..so happy about that!
Oh well, that means school resumes soon and soon is this December o. But, I would definitely share my experiences with you so wait for it 😉
So…It’s December and just so you know ‘harmattan’ has hit Lagos harddd!lol. Everywhere is dry, dusty, mornings and evenings are cold while afternoons are so hot.. This is one time for you to take extra care of your skin, lips and hair. I would share soonest skin care products and health tips too to make your best friend in this ‘harmattan’ season.
I can’t count the number of people that know how much I love December..reasons are: my mum’s birthday is in December, my boo, Kemi’s birthday too is in December then Christmas! There are just so many reasons why I love Christmas, however I’d be sharing some of them.
- It’s smell! You know you can actually smell Christmas.. there’s a time it just becomes so thick in the air you begin to smell it..lool. Stop looking at me like that na..Is it just me who smells Christmas?
- ‘The attitude of ‘Gratitude.. I still remember how spell bound I felt on the morning of December 1st. At first, I didn’t even remember it was the first day of the month until Dr. Joe (PS: She’s my sugary cousin) wished me a happy new month and I went with my mouth wide open “It’s December already..2015 would soon come to an end”. Then on my way to work(yeah, still working..it’s ending soon sha), I began to reflect deeply on how wonderful and blessed a year 2015 has been. God has been so good to me, He has given me freely things people would have paid for or sacrificed so much for- life, good health, salvation, provision, protection, family, love, beauty, joy… the list is endless! December just made me realize how blessed I am and how instead of complaining, I should be grateful. Of course, there have been the bad times in this year but I have refused to count the bad but the good (PS: Remember the song “Count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your blessings see what God has done….and it would surprise you what the Lord has done). You too should deeply reflect on the year 2015, count your blessings and give thanks to GOD!
- Familyy…There’s just this unique thing about family during Christmas. How everyone wants to be around each other and share the joy of the season together, all the guests, relatives and loved ones that troop into homes during Christmas time… Christ is born! Such great joy that comes to us all.
- Christmas trees, lighting and decorations…This is one of my favorite times, setting up the Christmas tree, hanging the ornaments and the lights! Everywhere just becomes more beautiful..this year, myself and my mum set up the Christmas tree (on one of the days I stabbed work..lol) and it is such a sight to behold. Should I show you? Oya see it… 🙂
- Gifts… yasss! the gifts, the hampers, food items, clothing, gift cards…just gives me a reason to look forward to Christmas every year. Christmas is not just an opportunity to receive it’s also an opportunity to give. Reach out in love to friends and families who don’t really look forward to celebrating Christmas with clothes, food items and gifts no matter how little. Such little acts of love would go a long way!
- The food… the food oh yes, the food! All the new recipes to try out, the aroma of chicken frying in hot oil mixed with aromas of jollof rice, fried rice, soups all dancing and celebrating in the air on Christmas mornings..lool..my imagination ehn! The cooking together and eating together that comes along with the Christmas season is one of the fun moments I enjoy the most. This Christmas season, I would also be sharing some amazinggg healthy recipes you should try out this Christmas very soon.. I would try them out too! 😉
- New efritin! New clothes, shoes, hair, bag…efritin new! lool.. Who doesn’t enjoy going to the market to do Christmas shopping or visiting the salon on the 23rd or 24th to make that Christmas hair or have that hair cut? We all love it, bringing out the ‘Christmas cloth’ to wear to church or the ‘owambe’…lool and how everything just becomes new, I mean it’s the season to be jolly and sparkle..
I could go on and on listing out all the amazing things that just make Christmas the most wonderful time of the year.. You don’t have to wait for thanksgiving or December to realize how blessed you truly are. So even if those things you wish so much for haven’t shown up…still be thankful, who knows something might still happen before the year ends!
Specially for my Naija brethren, I would be sharing tips on how to survive in this harmattan period..health tips and tips on caring for your skin, lips and hair too soo stick around there’s much more to come! Hasta la vista bebe (PS: I’m learning how to speak Spanish and that’s the only one that seems to have stuck..lool, so plix, support the ministry..with prayers o!)
I love you all so much for all the support and love for the blog with your comments and likes, 2016 would be mind blowing by God’s grace… Muahhh..xoxo
Warm wishes from me to you, have yourself a Merry Christmas in advance..
Lots of chocolate and Christmas love,
Listening to: Angels we have heard on high- Pentatonix